Camelot Unchained reveals roadmap and siege gameplay in livestream
After some backlash to the reveal of a new game, Final Stand: Ragnarok, from Camelot Unchained developer City State Entertainment. Studio co-founder Mark Jacobs promised in an apology that they would show off in detail everything that they have been and continue to work on for Camelot Unchained.
You can watch the full two hour livestream on Twitch or YouTube.
The stream started off with an apology before going on to list features and tech that the team have worked on, we have a screenshot of the list below.
The stream continues on with a video demo of the Cherry Keep siege recorded on a build from last year before a live demo on a current build in which Jacobs invites all current backers to join and witness the Cherry Keep siege.
Jacobs then shared a 90 day roadmap for Camelot Unchained.
- Visual update to Cherry Keep
- Visual Improvements to SU using new Engine Technology
- New CU Scenario
- RvR Battleground Scenario
- Feature a central keep: buildable, destroyable, repairable
- New Siege Engines
- Scripted events using Overmind
- Updated to CU Characters
- Updated to abilities
- Inclusive of a new knockback technology
- Updated to art (Material/visual improvements, Animation, VFX, SFX)
- UI Updated
- New class trio - The Devout
- Planning for next class with consideration of bringing in of an "Extender" class, Spirit Mages
- Review of crafting system and next steps
- Integration of shared tech in CU's abilities, scenarios, etc.
- Live Server Stability and Scaling
- Additional Lore
- Client Memory and Performance Improvements
- Path for older video cards
- Linux Focused server performance improvements
- Better graphics configuration
- Improved 3D Pathfinding
- Overmind Upgrades
- Ragdoll Improvements
- Animation Improvements
- Player to Player Shoving based on mass and speed
- Server Orchestration and Automation Tools
- Build CI/CD Pipeline improvements
- Beginning of Live Operations Tooling
The stream then closed out with a live Q&A.